This is our regular monthly meeting, but also a rare chance to see Swindon Council in action debating a Zero Carbon motion! Facebook users please SHARE and invite relevant friends.
For the first hour(ish), you have the chance to join other SCAN people at the monthly Swindon Borough Council meeting at the Civic Offices, Euclid Street to observe our local government debating a Climate Change motion: see https://ww5.swindon.gov.uk/moderngov/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=284&MId=9503&Ver=4
For those who don’t want to do this, the Friends Meeting House venue will be opened up at 7pm for a discussion on the plastics campaign and any other items people want to discuss before they are rejoined by people from the Council meeting. Viv, Ben and probably some others will be there.
Then assuming the motion does not go on too long, everyone will join the SCAN meeting at Friends Meeting House.
Here’s a simplified draft agenda for the SCAN meeting, but it is particularly subject to change this month due to the council motion and depending on who chooses which option:
First half (for those not going to council meeting):
– minutes and actions from previous meeting (noting items to discuss when others join)
– review previous plastics campaign actions
– upcoming plastics campaign actions
Second Half (for all):
– priorities for 2019 (zero carbon swindon, local plan etc)
– organisation (roles, communications, website)
– Other upcoming activities (Ecofest, healthy homes, cycle activity day, climate cafe on Food Policy)
Everyone who wants to help save our environment or find out more is welcome to join us 🙂
Contact Julian 07809 122474 for more information .