Here’s a few tips that we hope that you will find useful:
- Watch the videos on the ecobricks website.
- Don’t forget – only use clean, dry, non-biodegradeable plastic.
- Start with small bottles if you have them, they are easier to get right.
- Start with the lightweight easily crushable plastic, I also find scrunching it up a few times first makes it easier to compact in.
- Cut the more rigid plastic up and put it in in small layers.
- Weigh your bottle frequently to ensure you are getting the right density from the start.
- If you are filling a bit at a time, make sure you compact the partly filled bottles again before you start adding more plastic, if the bottles have been left for a while the plastic starts to expand.